On Sunday, April 29, 2018, nearly 400 people filled the school gym to celebrate the Christ the King Now is OUR Time Capital Campaign. Thanks to all who came, pledged, and who intend to pledge. May God bless and guide our next steps to His glory and the eternal benefit of His people.
This campaign is not just about pledging funds for a new building. Your sacrifice and hard work will live on in the eternal souls of those who came to know salvation in Christ. Besides the obvious need we have to update the facilities that have served us well for many years, there are five areas of mission work that will be better accomplished at CTK through what we hope to build with our sacrificial pledges:
1. Faith Formation Center. The Adult Bible study rooms are designed to demonstrate our highest priority to a world which is becoming biblically illiterate. Our goal is to have 80% of our entire CTK family involved in some form of Biblical studies on Sundays and during the week Brand new youth Bible study facilities will be suited to the needs of our Youth Ministry.
2. High Tech Fellowship Hall/Community Center/Mission Station. This will be the place we can be proud of to gather together for various events. We also intend to call a young Lutheran
Christian missionary to reach younger people and their children and to use the hall for midweek worship, recreation, and other activities.
3. Community Outreach. A place and space for people to gather and experience the joy of being a disciple of Jesus Christ through service. From kids, to youth, to senior activities…with modern kitchen facilities and well-appointed meeting rooms, CTK will be better able to activate our passion for service in our community.
4. Preschool and K-8 Day School Ministry. More kids and parents hear about Jesus Christ through our Preschool-8th grade Lutheran School ministry every day than by anything else we do. Parts of our new facility will be shared with our school during the weeks of the school year. Jesus loves the little children, and so do we!
5. Visionary LCMS Congregation. Finally, we build because God has blessed Christ the King Lutheran Church to be the very best, the strongest, the most visionary Lutheran Christian Church in the entire Mid-South. CTK has the responsibility to stay relevant and ready to shine the light of salvation through faith alone by grace alone in Christ alone.
The Lord has brought us together for this moment. Now Is Our Time to give thanks…and to show it in this tangible way.
Check back for updates on the status of the campaign, upcoming milestones and what to watch for next!
Yours in His Grace,